THE STATE I'M IN

Muslim carers needed in Hume, VIC

05 Aug 08
THE push is on to boost the number of Muslim foster carers in Hume...

Youssif Assafiri, 26, was in and out of foster care homes from the age of six following a family breakdown.

"I felt I had lost my sense of identity and I just remember thinking it would have been good to have had that contact with the Islamic community," said Mr Assafiri, who will speak at the information session. "I didn't even know we were supposed to go to the mosque on Fridays."...

Ms Gyngell said children from Muslim backgrounds can often feel estranged from their religion and culture when they are placed with non-Muslim families.
But will they take the child from the Muslim parents if they fail to follow the sexual orientation regulations? Not likely. But they might if you're Christian.

No comments: