THE STATE I'M IN

Gatecrashers flee whip-wielding dad, Sydney Nth

August 17, 2008
Dion Driman pulled out a South African sjambok when more than 30 youths attempted to storm into the party at the rear of his home at Wahroonga in Sydney's north.

Now he may face police charges for using excessive force to drive the youths from his home last Saturday night.

"I told them it was a private party and to clear off but this big youth put his face right into mine and said: 'make me'," said Mr Driman, 46...

His son Brennan said: "There were six or seven really big, buff guys on top of my dad, hitting him. I had to try and pull him out."

As he got clear Mr Driman started using the sjambok - a 1.5metre plastic whip like the traditional rhino hide whips used by South African herdsmen...

"People have had enough. This gang has been terrorising people whose kids are having parties for months now. Somebody needed to stand up to them."...

None of the youths could be identified and so no charges were laid.
Geez, the north used to be a good area. I know there are lots of Asians there now, but big buff guys?

No comments: