THE STATE I'M IN

Punched on election night for McCain-Palin button

November 12, 2008
An Augsburg College student and Sarah Palin supporter from Alaska was beaten on election night while walking to her dorm and was called a racist by a group of four young women because she had on a McCain/Palin presidential campaign button ...

"One approached me and got in my face and called me racist because I had the pin on ... The girls in the background were just a little bigger than me. They were mocking me from the sidelines ... This one [bigger] girl grabbed me by the shoulders and was holding me. After about five minutes, I just wanted to get out of there."

Grossmann, who is white, said she told the women, who were black, "You guys don't even know me. There's no reason to think I'm racist."

... "she punched me, and the back of my head hit a brick wall."
You might need to scroll down if the above article appears blank. Also, other black-on-white assaults were reported around the US.

No comments: