THE STATE I'M IN

Customer attacked by machete in Coburg cafe

October 05, 2008
Cafe owner Nahid Atilan, 56, said the attack came after he turned the youths away because he feared they would scare his customers...

"They returned Friday and started to push me around after I said they were not welcome.

"One of my best customers, Ahmed, came to help me and all of a sudden they took a machete out of their pants and started attacking us. How in the 21st century, in Melbourne, Australia, can someone try and kill me with a sword?" ...

"They just came to kill, not make a point, just kill. It was unbelievable." he said...

"I can't keep tackling this on my own. The police have to help, but they are useless," he said.

Other traders on the multi-cultural strip said Somali gangs had been increasingly menacing shop owners and patrons...

"They are always drunk and come in here smoking. We always catch them stealing too. They have even had sex in my shop."

No comments: